“So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.”
Bahá’u’lláh taught that there is one God whose successive revelations of His will to humanity have been the chief civilizing force in history. The agents of this process have been the Divine Messengers, whom people have seen chiefly as the founders of separate religious systems, but whose common purpose has been to bring the human race to material and spiritual maturity.
Bahá’í principles include:
- Humanity is one. People of all races, nations, economic groups and religious backgrounds are equal in the sight of God.
- All prejudice—racial, religious, national, or economic—is destructive and must be overcome.
- We must investigate truth for ourselves, without preconceptions.
- Women and men are equal in the sight of God.
- An essential harmony exists between true science and true religion.
- Our economic problems are linked to spiritual problems.
- The family and its unity are very important.
- There is one God.
- All major religions come from God.